US Family Office
Specialist investment services for Americans in South Africa
Being an American living overseas comes with many benefits, but also some challenges, particularly when you are looking for investment advice for Americans in South Africa. Not least, how to ensure your financial affairs are working at their optimum. We have specialised in providing investment advice for Americans in SA, tax efficient investing for Americans in Johannesburg, and managing wealth for US investors for 25 years. We are one of the few wealth managers who actively welcome US clients and are both SEC (US) and FCA (SA) regulated. A strong track record of long-term investment advice for Americans in South Africa has allowed us to take a long-term view on behalf of our US clients. We provide tax efficient investing for US citizens in Johannesburg and comprehensive financial advice for American citizens in South Africa.
Wealth Management for American Citizens in the South Africa
STRATEGIC FINANCIAL PLANNING
We can provide financial advice for American Citizens in South Africa, organise and manage our client’s worldwide assets, and deliver a coherent, global investment strategy for our US clients.
- -US/EU/South Africa tax efficient investing for Americans in Johannesburg
- - US/EU/South Africa pension planning
- - Using US foreign tax credits
- - Tax planning opportunities
- - Estate planning opportunities
- - Access to Credit Facilities
- - Philanthropy and grants
- - Comprehensive financial advice for American Citizens in the South Africa
Our investment management is structured to comply with US regulations so that they do not attract highly disadvantageous tax implications. The biggest challenge is to avoid investments classified as Passive Foreign Investment Companies (PFICs) and Controlled Foreign Corporations (CFCs). Strong and successful investment strategies can be undermined by tax and reporting costs.
- - US compliant investment strategies
- - Passive US/South Africa ETF solutions
- - Actively managed Direct Stock and Bond portfolios
- - Multi-currency investing
- - Multi-strategy and multi-asset class portfolios
- - Focus on capital preservation
- - Comprehensive Financial Advice for Americans in&Nbsp &Nbsp South Africa
- - Tax efficient investment for US expats in Johannesburg
We provide consolidated reporting across all our clients South Africa, US and offshore assets to simplify and unify this process so clients can refer to just one point of contact who understands their financial planning situation in full. Comprehensive financial advice for American expats in South Africa.
- - Calendar year reporting
- - Fiscal year reporting
- - Separation of short and long-term gains
- - 1099
- - $/€/£ FX gains and losses
- - Detailed reporting and financial advice for Americans in South Africa
News & Insight
International Wealth Management for US Families
Executive Director of our US Family Office, Robert Paul, discusses the subject of International Wealth Management; how only when you look at your assets as a whole are you truly able to maximise and be efficient with your wealth and stay in line with your overall investment strategy.
In light of FATCA, CRS and changes to the non-dom rules, transparency is now more important than ever. Robert Paul, Executive Director of our US Family Office, discusses the challenges US families face and how regulation is forcing investors to think globally.
As a wealth manager, it is vital to consider the various reporting requirements of different tax jurisdictions. Executive Director of our US Family Office, Robert Paul, discusses how Metropolitan Asset Managers provide the right information, in the correct currency and required format to all clients for increased transparency when reporting.